Thanks to the modern world’s sedentary functioning, whether we are sitting in our office or go window shopping in our favorite mall; we hardly ever find time or intention to leave our close confinements for a breath of fresh air. We spend most of the time indoors therefore, respiring clean air within these closed walls becomes even more important for a healthier well-being.
With increased emphasis being employed on the health and safety laws nationwide, duct cleaning in both the industrial and commercial settings have become fundamentally essential.
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is a meticulous process of removal of dirt, dust, possible molds or fungus, insect or rodent infestation and finding probable clogs and leakages etc. in the air duct system.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
The indoor air quality index is believed to be sufficiently poorer compared to the outdoors. Allergens, lint balls, hair, dust and mold spores etc. find their way inside the ductwork and eventually get airborne, contaminating the air that is inhaled and which can lead to some serious health hazards. Therefore, hiring a professional air duct cleaning service is a chief priority.
A thorough cleanup procedure ensures improved air quality, removal of years of accumulated contaminants, improved efficiency of your air-conditioning system and most importantly, improved health and wellbeing of everyone around.
How to identify the right companies for commercial cleaning in Lancashire
Before you zero in on a duct cleaning company, you must consider the following important points –
- Risk Assessment- Qualified cleaning companies carry out a risk assessment which includes conducting various tests such as NADCO and HYCHECK that inspects the number of various contaminants in your air-conditioning system
- Prior Experience- How long the company has been in business impacts the ingenuity of the warranties they offer. Commercial duct cleaning is a daunting task that requires a team of thorough professionals and experts that are skilled in handling all types of cleaning equipment even in rough and unfamiliar settings
- Certified Professionals- Certification or recognition from known authorities such as NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association), assures the company’s knowledge and skill in dealing with air duct systems
- Customer References- Go through client testimonials or reviews and insist upon checking with their past customers directly to understand whether the cleaning company was able to handle the job undertaken
- Personalized Service- Every commercial or industrial establishment has its own architectural challenges and they are all different. Will the cleaning company remove noxious waste from all the vents and components irrespective of its structure? is an important matter to ponder upon
- Verification- Does the company provide before and after photos post the completion of the duct cleaning procedure? It is crucial for verification purposes. Since most of the ductwork is hidden from the sight, therefore photos ensure that the company has managed to deliver quality as promised even in the concealed areas
- Written Guarantee- If the company is willing to provide a written guarantee for all the work they have done, then this showcases their competence and professionalism in delivering value and worth for your money
- Equipment Used- It is a good idea to check what equipment and chemicals the cleaning company would use to clean the air duct. Are these recommended under the guidelines published by NADCA could help you decide better
- Cost Scams- Be wary of the add-on costs! Make sure you are aware of the total cost of the cleaning procedure and the company has maintained full transparency right from the onset
Air is the most vital of all the life forces and breathing clean and fresh air is indispensable. Choosing the right duct cleaning company not only benefits your health but also saves you from burning your money on increased energy consumption and safety of your establishment.