Hiring a new personal for your company can be a tricky business. There can be too many difficulties associated with interviews in terms of logistics, time and other hurdles. A video interview is a modern development which has made it possible to make the interview procedure much more efficient. With the video interview techniques it has now become possible to conduct an interview with a candidate who is unable to attend face to face interview.
Video interviews are generally divided into two categories and they are one way video interviews and two way video interviews. One way video interviews involve the candidate alone and two-way video interviews involve employee and the candidate. Two way video interview are much common compared to one way video interviews. In two way video interview candidates conduct a normal interview but over the internet. But in one way interview the candidate answers the questions displayed within a set period of time. This is an automated interview and has its own benefits.
Video interviews are becoming increasingly common with the rise of international business and with the technological development in the relevant field. Although video interviews could be strange thing for many, as it came as sudden change from the old forms of face-to-face interview. But preparing and practicing yourself with the changing demands will help you to avoid any pitfalls. While doing video interviews, you will be able to see your interviewer and can therefore read any non-verbal cues. During such interviews you can also feed-off of the interviewer’s expressions and reactions. However, the main thing you should know is how to conduct a professional video interview.
How video Interviews work
Just like traditional or two way interviews, virtual interviewing does not require the presence of an interviewer. Instead, the interviewer simply makes a set of question for the candidates for the online video interview. The link of the video interview is sent through email to the candidates. A candidate uses the link to get appeared for the interview. Once the interview gets started, the candidate answers the questionnaire orally by using the webcam. Candidates usually get a time limit get applicable for each question. The video of the candidate is recorded as he/she answers the questions. After completion of the interview, the interviewer does the needful like hiring or rejecting candidates. The candidates selected in this round are next called for face to face interview.
Few Steps for conducting Great Video Interview
- The first step to conduct a successful video interview is to know the proper way of framing yourself in the shot. You should take care of your appearance when attending an interview in person, and ensure that you are well presented via video.
- You should set up the camera in a way so that it covers your entire head and shoulders. Placing the camera on a desk or a table and checking the angle before you start your interview can surely prevent any awkward adjustments.
- You should make good use of verbal cues to make up for the fact that you aren’t doing the interview personally. For example, when addressing one of the interviewers’ questions, you should use their name to make it clear who you are talking to. This makes up for a lack of eye contact, and makes you still seem engaging.
Preparing for a effective Video Interview
Just because it’s a video interview, do not take it easier on your part. Preparation is fundamental so as to land your dream job, particularly if video interviews are just the choice for you to get into an organization of your choice.
Below mentioned are the few effective steps on preparing for a video interview
- Just as you would for an in-person interview, it’s important to go over likely questions that will be asked so you respond with conviction and belief. You see, the more you go over your answers, the poised and certain you’ll be during the interview. You’ll clearly highlight your skills and knowledge in a way that’s concise yet still showcases your expertise for the job. You also won’t fumble over your words nor get too long-winded in your response. So we can agree that practice makes perfect. Spend the time going over common interview questions and your answers so you’re adequately prepared. Say them aloud as if you’re speaking directly to the interviewer. Review your resume to fluently share your experiences that relate to the position.
- Finally, research the company and their goals. Understand their mission and the capacity in which they serve their clients. When doing so, you’ll identify how you can fit into their vision and communicate this during the video interview.
- Before going for a video interview you need to thoroughly practice as you may have done in a face-to-face interview. It’s important for you to go for likely questions will clearly highlight
- You’ll clearly highlight your skills and knowledge in a way that’s concise yet still showcases your expertise for the job. You also won’t fumble over your words nor get too long-winded in your response. So we can agree that practice makes perfect. Spend the time going over common interview questions and your answers so you’re adequately prepared
- You should clearly highlight your skills and knowledge
Live video interviews
Live video interviews are interviews in which candidates are interviewed live over the internet, or having them interviews themselves with their webcam, it is a solution that is gaining to much popularity. Now day’s companies are implementing video interviews in their hiring process to quickly connect with the candidates. Live video interviews are extremely useful during the initial stages of screening candidates, saving valuable time and resources and streamlining the hiring process.