Whether your company has a couple of employees or a thousand, they are the most valuable resource that the company can have! To use the resource productively and effectively, you must track every information that is coming from them, be it the demographics, salary history, or even the annual performance goals. But how to ensure that the data is accurate and easily accessible?
HRMS or HRIS which are commonly known as Human resources management systems and human resources information systems can be really helpful in reducing the administrative time and enhancing the productivity by helping your company to track its human resources data. Many HR personnel goes for best HR certification to learn about HRIS and the accountability as well.
Although this sounds great, only a few of us are aware of the essential specifics of a good HR system. First and foremost, you must get to know what areas should it cover, and what kind of information can be tracked? Additionally, get a clear idea of its benefits to knowing if it’s worth the investment.
Generally, the HRIS (human resource information system) is known as a software which is been developed to help the HR professionals in organizing and managing the data. There are many global HR certification available that can help one to stay abreast of the new technology such as HRIS. The HR professionals utilize the system to improve workflow, increase the efficiency, and keep the information. There are several HRIS packages available for the employers and this can be altered according to the particular needs of the employer. Let’s take a look at the important components of the HRIS.
- Database: HRIS consists of a database that stores all the employee information. This is done by the HR professionals and it is easily accessible by anyone. The HR professionals can get information on compensation history, performance review, emergency contact, and more. The whole database can be used as online backup instead of using the paper files.
- Payroll Function: It is one of the major components of any HRIS model. With the help of this function, the HR can download the employee hours, and issue any cheque to the employee. It helps in improving the tax compliance.
- Benefits: One can also create and organize the important medical benefits and retirement investments with this software. There are various HRIS packages available and they offer to facilitate medical benefits, and retirement deductions for the payroll.
- Time and Labour Management: It is known as another major component for HRIS model as it helps in tracking time and labour management. Both can be highly time consuming which is why this HRIS package helps employees to put their own effective hours and helps the managers to verify leave requests immediately. Now the data can be directly sent to the payroll. This helps in improving the HR department’s ability to look after attendance.
- Recruitment and Retention: This is the most important component of HRIS. It is known as the anchor of all the HR processes and policies. The major tasks of the HR professional are-searching talent, acquiring them, keep them engaged, and retain them finally. Also, it takes care of the required training, compensation, and other benefits.
Before making any purchase, make sure you consider the organization’s own needs and resources. Because it doesn’t make any sense to buy a system to handle fewer employees. Plus, it is important to seek global HR certification that can help in knowing more about HRIS.