Cakes have a tradition of being historical in their own way. It was the cake which teased the ego of poor french folks too much to start a revolution! Then, again who doesn’t loves cakes? A perfectly baked Vanilla Cake is the last thing one should wish to ignore except for allergies or personal propaganda. Enough Talk! Time for a recipe;
Vanilla cake recipe
A cake is known through its flavors and perfect flavors are forged through ingredients used in the optimum form. Be it the taste or aroma, the overview of a perfect cake is understood by the recipe and henceforth the bake worth it!
Ingredients for the cake batter
- 1 and 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100gm butter & 100gm margarine
- vanilla essence
- ½ cup milk, ½ cup milk powder, 2 tbsp baking powder, white oil, cashew nuts, raisins ( add dry fruits of your choice)
For the frosting
- Vanilla Buttercream
- ½ cup butter
- 1 and ½ cup sugar powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Cover the cake batter pan with parchment paper and grease it with butter.
- Break the eggs and beat them up while adding 1 cup sugar and mix it using hand beater/electric beater until the sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Add 2 tbsp white oil.
- Add 100 gm butter and 100gms margarine softened to room temperature and mix well. (Mixture will look curdled thanks to the egg liquid and solid butter combination)
- Add 1 cup cake flour, 3 tsp baking powder, ½ cup milk, ½ cup milk powder. Add 1 tsp vanilla essence. Mix it well with beater. You should also whisk it with hands to make sure there are no lumps at the bottom. Add cashew nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into cake pans. You can also weigh them to ensure accuracy. Bake for around 15-18 mins or until done. Check with a knife or a toothpick by inserting it in the middle of the cake. A clean pick without any attachments indicates a well-baked cake. Allow the cake to cool completely before assembling and frosting
Frosting and decorations
A perfectly baked cake has its own flavors. But not many are comfortable with candid taste, therefore a generous frosting would only enhance the flavors unparalleled.
Vanilla buttercream frosting
In a bowl using a hand mixer mix the ½ cup butter and 1 and ½ cup sugar powder on low speed until creamy for 2-3 minutes and add 1 tsp vanilla essence along with 1 tbsp milk and mix it well.
Tip: Add more powdered sugar if the frosting is too thick and add more milk is the frosting is too thick and add salt if the frosting is too sweet.
- Add Cocoa powder to a medium bowl. Wisk through the cocoa powder to remove any lump.
- Mix the 1 and ½ cup butter and the ½ cup cocoa powder until creamy for 2-3 mins.
- Add 2 cup sugar in 1 tbsp milk and mix it well.
- Add 1 tsp Vanilla extract and mix well with a hand mixer.
- In case, the frosting is thick, add 1 tbsp milk at a time. In case, the frosting then add powdered sugar to make it perfect.
A perfectly baked cake doesn’t need a caption. The outlook provides an overview too subtle to ignore in the eyes of the admirer. But customized cake is a whole different art beyond the skills of the average homemaker. Let’s try something innovative and Foodpanda has the hack.
Foodpanda is India’s most user-friendly and convenient site for online food deliveries. Be it the usual breakfast or something worth the bite, foodpanda have all that you like covered. With pan India services, it is even easier to express your love to eat at the comfort of home. All you need to do is the following,
- Login/Signup with valid credentials.
- Locate your area of delivery. Choosing your city and nearest location makes it easy.
- Choose your restaurant of interest, browse through the verified menu and order what you wish to savor.
- Pay either by a traditional method of cash on delivery else prefer discount and save using e-wallets.
- Get your favorite food delivered at the earliest and settle with comfort as you take it in.
Much like a vocal tonic and that too available just by your side availing foodpanda coupons. Good food makes Good comrades! After a busy day, sometimes when you are too tired to lit the flame, it’s necessary to give yourself a jerk with your favorite food.
All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.