Moving is a stressful and exhausting process & with stress, various factors that affect the individual are budget, responsibilities, fear of adjusting to a new place, and several other things. And deep down, we need assistance that makes our move and lives simple, smooth, and comfy. Movers and Packers in the USA assist you in making all your moving process simple, hassle-free, and unforgettable. If you are one of those whose friends or family needs assistance in relocation, Here are some of the easy and simple tips and tricks you can use to make their move memorable, enjoyable, and smooth.
BEFORE THE MOVE
1. Know each Detail of Move
Talk to your friend or your family about the move & logistics. Know the kind of relocation they are planning, whether it is a long-distance move or a local one. Make a floor plan and moving checklist for the move. Ask if there will be expert movers involved or volunteers only. Also, take a look at the belongings to be moved.
2. Inquire About the Expectations
Discuss in advance what is your family/ friend’s expectations related to timings. You might help by thinking that you will just drive the truck when your friend is looking for you & you’ll be there at 5:00 a.m. to help load.
3. Offer To Help Your Family or Friend
Analyze what you are good at if you are finding difficulty handling heavy items. Then you can offer some other help like you can make home-made cookies, bean jam cakes or bring some snacks to make their move more comfortable, memorable and fun.
4. Make Packing Easier
If for some reason you could not help your friend on the expected day of moving, try to help your family or friend get organized.
- Gather boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, and other essential moving items.
- Prepare a list of all your valuables like clothes, furniture, appliances & other personal possessions and segregate those items that you want to donate or sell.
- Pack all those items that you require urgently after the move. Like you can pack up off-season clothing & shoes, picture frames, paintings, wall hangings, & other stuff that are no longer in use before the move date.
5. Organize a Sale or Donation Camp
If your friends or family wants to sell a lot of items before the relocation, take charge of that procedure so he or she can focus on the move itself. You might need to advertise the relocation sale if you are not sure, & if many people will show and there are plenty of things to sell. Also, you can donate these items to a charity or a trust.
6. Help Your Friend or Family in Cleaning
Help out your family or friend in cleaning the new space. After moving, the first thing you have to do is assist them in cleaning the whole house. Play some songs or enjoy cleaning by making coffee or tea or bring out some snacks.
DURING THE MOVE
- Support Your Family Or Friend: Be there with a smile, and with a working approach, it will be a massive morale boost for your friends or family on their big day.
- Talk out with your friends or Family: Communicate with your family or friends. Try to make them relax and calm. Also, you can take charge of handling all the moving responsibilities.
- Share the Responsibility: Share some of the duties & responsibilities, or call out more friends for help, and make the move easier, intriguing and unforgettable.
- Boost Morale & Relax the Environment: Boost your friend or family morale and make them cheerful by bringing some snacks, coffee, or something special for them.
AFTER THE MOVE
- Revisit and Clean Your Old Space: Revisit the old place and Clean all the rooms according to the moving-out guidelines. Make sure nothing remains left behind. So, if someone purchases this house, they would not find it uncomfortable.
- Offer them Help in Packing: Again, help out your friend or family in packing up the left valuables at old locations or ask your family or friends what all items are left so you can pack them in the boxes. Things you find in use just pack them, and those items which are no longer beneficial sell them to a tatter.
- Take a Break: After doing packing and cleaning, the next thing you can finally take a break & have something like eat cookies or drink tea or coffee. You and your family or friend feel relaxed.
- Bestow The Corner with a Flower or Plant: When everything is in chaos, a bright place of blooms or the soothing green of a houseplant establishes a place to rest one’s gaze and make some small amount of peace.
We can conclude that everybody needs someone in their life who makes them not feel alone. So, everyone should have friends and family, as they are the only ones who stand by for you, care for, love, and support you in every term. Apart from helping out your friend or family with their relocation, you can also check the best quality and diverse variety of services offered by Thepackersmovers.com. So, if you have planned to move your home and office from the old location to the new one, then it is advised to hire New York Relocation companies, and also to get long-distance moves, local move, domestic moves, International moves, pet relocation, car & bike transportation like services & a lot more services in India, across India, abroad, then choose Thepackersmovers.com for a safe, secure, affordable, and hassle-free move.