There is no denying the fact that a shovel is one of the handiest tools in the field of agriculture and gardening. A shovel tool is not just used for digging holes. It is also used to transport soil from one place to another.
Any gardener has used shovels. If you are into gardening then you must have this important tool. However, it is important to know exactly what type of shovels you need. There are many types of shovel available in the market.
Here is a list of them:
- Standard Shovel – This is the most common type of shovel. This tool is generally used for making holes. It is a basic tool which is equipped with a long handle and a sharp digging blade. This tool is also used for various domestic works.
- Garden Shovel – It is also known as garden trowel is one of the most important garden tools. It is smaller in size as compared to the traditional standard shovels. This tool is mainly used for scooping, digging, and spreading of soil in the garden. It is very effective when it comes to breaking up soils.
- Snow Shovel – This is one of the best shovels for digging holes. Owing to its design and shape, a snow shovel can be used for digging specific types of holes in the soil. It can be used for digging trenches as well. The sharp and pointed blades can work well under any condition.
- Trench Shovel – This tool is also known as a clean out shovel in various parts of the world. This tool is equipped with a sharp blade and a long narrow handle which minimizes human efforts. It is mainly used for digging narrow flat bottom trenches.
- Root Shovel – This tool comprises of a sharp blade which is used to create holes for fresh plants. A root shovel is also used for cutting roots, shrubs, and weeds to provide space for a new root system.
- Transplant Shovel – This tool is quite essential when it comes to dealing with shrubs, weeds, and trees. This shovel is used to prepare the soil for plantation of new plants. The flat blade helps in the distribution of the soil.
- Square Point Shovel – Compared to other types of shovels, a square point shovel is small in size and is designed to handle delicate works.
- Scoop Shovel – A shovel has a short handle with ridged edges and a big blade. It is used for lifting a large amount of chips, soil, and debris.
- Dixter Trowel – This is another tool which plays a key role in transplantation. The narrow and long blade of a Dixter trowel makes it tailor-made for planting seedlings.
- Ergonomic Shovel – This shovel is specifically designed to reduce human efforts. It transfers a lot of force to the structure which makes handling easy and hassle-free.
A Few Words to End With
There are no rewards for guessing the fact that there are very few tools and equipment that are as important to shovel tool when it comes to gardening works. Every gardener must have a shovel. Finding the right shovel is not a very difficult thing to do. You can buy your favourite tool from the common e-commerce platforms. You can find tools of supreme quality from the house of some of the biggest names in the industry.